Flush Cartridge w/Duckbill and Screen for Flushmate Model M-102540-C
The Sloan Flushmate Cartridge C-100502-KIT 1.0 GPF Cartridge, is designed to replace Flushmate cartridges for the Flushmate M-102540-C.
The Flushmate cartridge assembly is located in the center of the Flushmate system and accessed from the top of the Flushmate. This is one of the few moving parts and needs to be maintained for optimum performance. The cartridge assembly is the main valve that opens and closes to deliver the water to the toilet bowl.
Flushmate has made the cartridge replacement process simple. The cartridge on all Flushmate systems can be removed by turning the cartridge counter clockwise. Installation is simply screwing the cartridge into the Flushmate system clockwise. The replacement process normally only takes 15 minutes.
- Turn off the water and flush the toilet.
- Hold the actuator down until the vessel is completely drained.
- Actuator rod removal is a simple procedure using a screwdriver. Disconnect the rod from the handle assembly. Next only need to loosen the two screws toward the front of the tank holding the actuator rod in place. Remove the screw located closes to the cartridge and front of the tank. Be very careful not to drop the screw into the tank when removing or installing. This will allow the clip to be moved out of the way. Lift and slide the actuator rod out toward the front of the tank.
- Remove the cartridge assembly by inserting the pliers handle into the spooks of the cartridge or with our FLUSHMATE 2-in-1 wrench. Remove the cartridge assembly by turning in a counter-clockwise direction.
- Remove the cartridge.
- Before you install the new Flushmate cartridge, first turn the water supply back on and allow the water to flow for about 30 seconds. If there is any debris that has been trapped inside the FLUSHMATE unit, this should clear it away. Look inside the FLUSHMATE unit to make sure there is no debris inside the sealed surface. Debris or defects in the sealed surface can cause the unit to continue to run on.
- Then, reinstall the cartridge by turning the cartridge assembly counter-clockwise while pushing down and applying some pressure to avoid cross-threading. Stop when you hear an audible click, caused by the threads engaging.
- Next, turn clockwise to install the cartridge back into position until a thread or two of the FLUSHMATE unit are showing above the cartridge.
- Then, turn the water back on and keep slowly turning the cartridge in 1/4 clockwise turn incrementss, waiting 15 seconds between turns until the water stops running into the toilet bowl. Once the water stops, no additional adjustments to the cartridge installation should be required.
- Install the flush rod if it was removed and make sure there is no interference in the proper adjustments to actuator is made. The actuator may also need to be adjusted if you have a push button model. In either case, the proper clearance between the flush rod or push button to the actuator is important to ensure proper flushing actuation.