Sloan Flushmate Flush Cartridge 1.28 gpf - 503H Series
Sloan Valve Flushmate Flush Cartridge Compatibility Flushmate System Flushmate III - 503H.
Sloan Flushmate Cartridge Replacement C-100501-KIT for Flushmate 1.28 gpf models
The Sloan Flushmate Cartridge C-100501-KIT 1.28 GPF Cartridge, is designed to replace Flushmate cartridges for 1.28 GPF Flushmate models including Series 503.
The Flushmate cartridge assembly is located in the center of the Flushmate system and accessed from the top of the Flushmate. This is one of the few moving parts and needs to be maintained for optimum performance. The cartridge assembly is the main valve that opens and closes to deliver the water to the toilet bowl.
The Flushmate C-100501-KIT is specially designed to replace your existing Flushmate C-100501 Cartrdges for 1.28 GPF Flushmate Series system.
Reasons would you need to replace the cartridge?
- Sluggish Flush: A slugging Flush occurs when the flush seems weaker than before or when all the waste is not removed from the bowl.
- Continous Water Running into the bowl: You may notice continuous water running from the Flushmate system into the bowl between flushes, which can create a minor amount of water to drain from around the rim of the toilet.
- Water in Cartridge Area: Water in the cartridge area may indicate a minor leaks in the diaphragm of the cartridge will cause water to fill in the cartridge area.
- System not setting up: System will not setup and keeps running. This can be caused by the cartridge not closing properly and may need to be replaced.
How do I install the Flushmate Cartridge?
Flushmate has made the cartridge replacement process simple. The cartridge on all Flushmate systems can be removed by turning the cartridge counter clockwise. Installation is simply screwing the cartridge into the Flushmate system clockwise. The replacement process normally only takes 15 minutes.
- Turn off the water and flush the toilet.
- Hold the actuator down until the vessel is completely drained.
- Actuator rod removal is a simple procedure using a screwdriver. Disconnect the rod from the handle assembly. Next only need to loosen the two screws toward the front of the tank holding the actuator rod in place. Remove the screw located closes to the cartridge and front of the tank. Be very careful not to drop the screw into the tank when removing or installing. This will allow the clip to be moved out of the way. Lift and slide the actuator rod out toward the front of the tank.
- Remove the cartridge assembly by inserting the pliers handle into the spooks of the cartridge or with our FLUSHMATE 2-in-1 wrench. Remove the cartridge assembly by turning in a counter-clockwise direction.
- Remove the cartridge.
- Before you install the new Flushmate cartridge, first turn the water supply back on and allow the water to flow for about 30 seconds. If there is any debris that has been trapped inside the FLUSHMATE unit, this should clear it away. Look inside the FLUSHMATE unit to make sure there is no debris inside the sealed surface. Debris or defects in the sealed surface can cause the unit to continue to run on.
- Then, reinstall the cartridge by turning the cartridge assembly counter-clockwise while pushing down and applying some pressure to avoid cross-threading. Stop when you hear an audible click, caused by the threads engaging.
- Next, turn clockwise to install the cartridge back into position until a thread or two of the FLUSHMATE unit are showing above the cartridge.
- Then, turn the water back on and keep slowly turning the cartridge in 1/4 clockwise turn incrementss, waiting 15 seconds between turns until the water stops running into the toilet bowl. Once the water stops, no additional adjustments to the cartridge installation should be required.
- Install the flush rod if it was removed and make sure there is no interference in the proper adjustments to actuator is made. The actuator may also need to be adjusted if you have a push button model. In either case, the proper clearance between the flush rod or push button to the actuator is important to ensure proper flushing actuation.
C-100501-Kit Flushmate Cartridge Parts Included:
- (1) C-100501 Flushmate 1.28 GPF Cartridge Assembly
- (1) Flushmate Upper Supply DuckBill Replacement
- (1) Flushmate Lower Supply Filter Screen
- (1) Installation Instructions
C-100501-KIT Flushmate Models:
To verify your Flushmate replacement, the serial number label located on the top of your existing Flushmate unit should contain the following information.
|Model No.||Serial Number||Series||GPF|