1/4"-20 x 1-1/4" Stainless Steel Socket Head Cap Screw (SHCS)
Waste Drain Installation Tool
Modular Waste Drain Installation Instructions
The Series B-3990 Modular Waste Drains are designed to fit sinks with a 3-1/2" drain opening. Versions with and without overflow tubes and various outlets adapters are available.
Series B-3990 Waste Drains operate by a push/pull motion of the handle to close and
open the drain.
Low maintenance gate valve assembly
Clear 2" diameter drain passage for fast draining and easy clog removal from sink
Easy maintenance and replacement of service parts with out removal from sink
Handle guard assembly for exposed applications for protection against damage from mop buckets, push carts, etc.
Modular design for cofigurability and serviceability
Optional handle length extensions available
Vandal resistant drain guard provided to keep unsafe or unintended objects out of the drain passage
Multi-purpose sink flange tool provided for easy installation
1. Remove the Snap-in Strainer and unscrew the Sink Flange Assembly from the Waste Drain Assembly. Apply a bead of PlumberÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Putty to the bottom of the Sink Flange
Assembly where it contacts the sink bowl. (Keep the Drain Guard installed in the Sink
Flange Assembly at all times. Remove it only when clog maintenance is needed and
install it again when finished)
2. Make sure the underside and inside mating surfaces of the sink bowl in the area of the drain are clean.
3. Install the Waste Drain Assembly and Gasket from below the sink.
4. Install the Sink Flange Assembly thru the sink drain opening and screw it into the Waste Drain Assembly below.
5. Before tightening, position the waste drain Handle to the desired location. Tighten the Sink Flange Assembly securely with the Sink Flange Tool provided. (Figure 2)
6. If Overflow is used (Figure 3) -- Install the Overflow Head in the sink. The modular design of the waste drain allows the overflow port on the Outlet to be positioned Left, Right or Back. To change positions, remove the (4) cap screws with a 5/32" hex key wrench and rotate the Outlet to the desired position. If the Outlet has been removed, ensure the Valve Seal is either in the Valve Body correctly
or installed on the Outlet lip correctly. Install the (4) cap screws and tighten. Measure and cut the overflow tube to fit into the Overflow Head and Overflow Port on the waste drain Outlet. Install the Coupling Nuts and Seals on the overflow tube. Install the overflow tube and tighten the connections.
7. Connect the drain line to the waste drain Outlet. If Outlet Adapters are used, seal all threaded connections with pipe sealant.
8. Open and close the waste drain several times to check the operation. Check for leaks.